15th Guitar Competition
Hermoupolis guitar festival announce the 15th International guitar Competition as part of the 25th edition of the Festival.
The competition is open to all classical guitarists, irrespective of nationality.
There will be 3 age categories and the competition will be conducted in 2 rounds
(The A Category -up to 14 years old - has only one round)
- Elimination round will be held on Wednesday July 25 2018.
- Final round will be held on Thursday July 26 2018.
(Up to 6 competitors will be chosen for the Final round).
Both rounds will be open to the public.
1. The candidate’s proposed program must be submitted with the application. Changes in the program after the deadline for submission of applications will not be accepted.
2. The order of appearance will be determined by draw just before the beginning of each round.
3. All pieces must be played by memory. Pieces from the Elimination Round may not be played again in the Final Round.
4. The festival retains exclusive rights to audio and video recording during the Competition without further obligation to the competitors.
5. Expenses for travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the candidates. The enrolment fee is not refundable.
6. Application to participate in the Competition indicates that the contestants unconditionally accept all of the above rules.
The main criteria for judging will be the artist’s musical personality in a varied repertoire, the individuality and charisma as well the stage presence.
The Jury, whose decision is final, will be comprised of known music and guitar personalities.
The Jury will be allowed to interrupt the performance at any time.
The jury reserves the right not to present certain prizes if it deems the level to be insufficient and the judge’s individual scores will be confidential.
Members of the Jury who have ongoing teaching relationships with competitors must declare it and will abstain from judging them.